It’s raining. It’s cold. Or maybe you don’t have time to drive to the course to play or practice? What is a golfer to do? If you’ve got 10 minutes spare, practice golf at home! Below are 101 ways to practice at home. Pick one of them. Each drill only takes 10 minutes or less!
The good news is that these drills work on all key aspects of the game from the mind game to putting. Nothing is left to chance!
Nothing is left to chance because golf is a challenge!
It’s this great challenge that lures us to the links. If it was easy, you wouldn’t bother. But you don’t want to make golf any more challenging than it already is. That would be foolish and self-destructive. But that’s what you’re doing if you don’t practice from home.
If you’re not practicing at home, you’re almost certainly playing below your potential.
Playing below your potential isn’t fun!
Sir Nick Faldo said it best…
“When you are playing great, it’s wonderful. Because you and your partner just want to go out and go (rubbing hands together) ‘Who we got?’ and off you go. But when you’re playing badly, or your trust is dented, or your self-belief is gone, it’s the worst (freaking) week in the world!” – Nick Faldo
If you’re not practicing at home, your game will limp along, and you’ll never unleash your true golfing potential.
And that’s sad!
There’s nothing worse than wasted potential.
The good news is that practice at home is FUN, QUICK, and EASY. And it can be just as effective as going to the range or course!
In this post, you’re going to discover how the pros practice at home It’s time to take your game to the next level with these indoor golf practice drills.
The practice golf at home drills will help all areas of your golf. If you’re reading this, you probably already know that golf drills are the best way to train the body to move athletically and intuitively when playing in a tournament. These are all drills that Tour Pros use when at home or in their hotel rooms.
Benefits of practicing golf at home
- Can be done quickly. Ten minutes of focused practice will reap benefits
- Get more practice done because there’s no commuting to and from the course
- Can be just as effective as being on the range or course
- Practice the right body movements without hitting a ball
- Practice allows the subconscious mind to take over when on the golf course
These 101 practice golf at home drills are useful for amateur golfers who want to practice smart, club pros who give regular golf lessons, golf academies, junior golf academies, and tour pros.
Ten minutes of at-home drill practice will produce better results than a lifetime of mindlessly beating balls on the range.
Do my 10-minute challenge
Give yourself one hour of at-home practice per week. Randomly pick one of the drills, then focus 100% on that drill for 10 minutes. Then stop! Only do 10 minutes at a time. If you do much more than that, you run the risk of burnout.
Don’t believe me that 10 minutes of practice can be so effective?
Jack Nicklaus always did short interval practice all his career. Think about that. The greatest player of all-time only did short practice sessions, and wouldn’t touch a long practice session with a 10-foot barge pole!
If you one hour of short 10-minute practice intervals at home per week for 10 weeks, I promise your game will improve.
So, what are you waiting for?
Pick a drill from below, and focus on it for 10 minutes!
Pssst, just in case you didn’t know. All these drills are included in the Golf Practice Planner. If you like these at-home practice drills and want to support this site so I can keep adding more free practice drills, please get my Planner today.
101 Ways (Drills) To Practice Golf At Home
Mindset Golf Drills
Below are golf mindset drills you can practice at home.
Mindset drills are perfect for at-home practice. You’ll be able to take your game to the next level from the comfort of your couch.
Improving your mindset is the holy grail of most golfers. If you can think like the pros, you will play better golf. Getting inside the mind of a pro is fascinating, but doable for the average golfer. It isn’t rocket science. It’s actually surprisingly easy to improve your golf mindset.
It doesn’t matter if you are a Tour Player or a 25 handicapper, your score will come tumbling down if you have a good mindset on the course. The good news is that you don’t need to be a tour pro to think like a tour pro. All you need are some golf mindset drills.
It’s easy to get lulled into trying to hit the most beautiful shot, but professional golfers are highly aware that golf is a chess game played on a very large green board. The pros know that golf is a game of strategy and not a game of-who-can-swing-the-prettiest.
Mindset Golf Drills
- GREENLIGHT FREDDIE COUPLES DRILL
- JACK NICKLAUS COMPETITIVE PRACTICE DRILL
- JACK NICKLAUS METRONOME DRILL: PRE SHOT ROUTINE
- JACK NICKLAUS PLAY 18 HOLES IN VISUALIZATION DRILL
- JACK NICKLAUS PRACTICE GROUND VISUALIZATION DRILL
- NICK FALDO GOLF SHOT NICKNAMES DRILL
- PRACTICE LIKE JACK NICKLAUS SHORT INTERVALS DRILL
Get even more mindset golf drills here!
Golf Fitness Drills
Below are golf fitness exercise drills you can do at home.
You’ll discover how to prepare your body like the pros. Take your game and body to the next level from the comfort of your home.
The main benefits of golf fitness drills are injury prevention, adding speed and power to your swing, more control over your swing, and reducing fatigue on the course.
Golf Fitness Drills
- KETTLEBELL GOLF WORKOUT: GOLF POSTURE TURN
- ISOMETRIC GOLF SWING DRILL
- MEDICINE BALL HIP ROTATION GOLF DRILL
- RESISTANT BAND HIP ROTATION GOLF DRILL
- TRX SINGLE LEG SQUAT GOLF FITNESS DRILL
Get even more golf fitness drills here!
Long Game Drills
Below are long game drills you can do at home.
Surprisingly, most long game drills can be done from the comfort of your living room. That means there’s you can improve your long game without touching foot on a practice ground.
Long Game Drills
- ANTHONY KIM CHECKPOINT DRILL
- ANTI HIP SWAY DRILL
- ANTI SLICE DOWNSWING DRILL: STOP COMING OVER THE TOP
- ANTI SWAY BACKSWING DRILL
- BALL OUTSIDE LEFT FOOT DRILL
- BALL STRIKING COIN DRILL
- BASEBALL DRIVING DRILL: CHIP BECK
- BEACH BALL GOLF DRILL: IMPROVE CONTACT
- BROOM GOLF SWING DRILL: ANN CAIN
- BUBBA WATSON JUMPING DRILL: UNLEASH POWER
- CLEAR HIPS DRILL
- CLOSED STANCE GOLF DRILL: JASON DUFNER
- CLAP HAND IMPACT DRILL
- CLUB HEAD SPEED DRILL
- COLLARBONE TO COLLARBONE DRILL
- DOUBLE BALL SHANK DRILL
- GARY PLAYER WALK THRU DRILL
- GOLF IMPACT BAG DRILL: GAIN SWING POWER
- HIP BUMP GOLF DRILL: DOWNSWING SEQUENCING
- HIP PRESET POWER DRILL: NICKLAUS HIP ACTION
- HIT HOLD CHECK DRILL: IMPROVE BALL STRIKING
- MAINTAIN SPINE ANGLE DRILL: THE LEE TREVINO FORMULA
- NICK FALDO LOW SCOPE FADE DRILL: WHEN THE HEAT IS ON
- NICK FALDO WING UP DRIVER FADE DRILL: HIGH BOOMING DRIVES
- NICK FALDO ONE WRAP DRILL: HIT IT HARD AND HIGH
- PRO IMPACT GOLF DRILL
- SHOULDER TILT GOLF DRILL
- SOCKS GOLF IMPACT DRILL
- STOP TOPPING DRILL: THE L TO L FORMULA
- THREE BALL GOLF DRILL: STOP COMING OVER THE TOP
Get even more long game drills here!
Improving your putting is one of the quickest and easiest ways of improving your score.
It doesn’t matter if you are a Tour Player or a 25 handicapper, your score will come tumbling down if you improve your putting. The good news is that becoming a great putter is doable for everyone. You don’t need to an athlete. All you need are some putting play drills.
Below are putting drills you can do at home.
Get even more putting drills here!
Improving your wedge game is one of the quickest and easiest ways of improving your score.
The average golfer will have 10 or more wedge shots per round! It doesn’t matter if you are a Tour Player or a 25 handicapper, your score will come tumbling down if your wedge play is solid.
The good news is that becoming a great wedge player is doable for everyone.
You don’t need to an athlete.
All you need are some wedge play drills.
Discover the wedge drills that the top pros use to pepper the pins from 30 to 120 yards. Imagine the confidence of scoring well even if your long-game is off the boil.
Below are wedge drills you can do at home.
- ANNIKA SORENSTAM PITCHING DRILL: GLOVE UNDER ARMPIT
- CHIPSTICK DRILL
- DISTANT WEDGE BANK DRILL
- ONE ARM WEDGE DRILL: 30 YARDS
- STEADY SPINE WEDGE DRILL: 40 YARDS
- WEAK LEFT-HAND WEDGE DRILL
Get more wedge drills here!
All these drills are also included in the Golf Practice Planner, plus many more. If you like these at-home golf practice drills and want to support this site so I can keep adding more free practice drills, get your golf callused hands on my Golf Practice Planner today.