98% OF GOLFERS WANT MORE POWER. YEAH, I DON’T UNDERSTAND THAT REMAINING 2%, EITHER. AND NEITHER DOES BRYSON DECHAMBEAU. THE ONLY WAY TO INCREASE DISTANCE IS TO INCREASE CLUBHEAD SPEED. BUCKLE UP. YOU’RE ABOUT TO DISCOVER A RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE WAY TO INCREASE YOUR CLUBHEAD SPEED. YOUR PLAYING PARTNERS WILL THINK YOU’VE BEEN SNEAKING OFF TO THE GYM INSTEAD OF BINGE-WATCHING ON AMAZON PRIME.
I added the Club Head Speed Drill to the Golf Practice Planner today because Bryson DeChambeau has been making the headlines with the outrageous distances he hits the ball. You might not be able to hit the ball 360 yards, but with the help of this drill, you might gain 20 yards.
Give me three good reasons why I should do this drill.
Okay, you’re on.
Firstly, you’re going to increase your driver clubhead speed because this drill forces you to make a wider arc with your driver. A wider arm means more time to develop club-head speed. More clubhead speed equals longer drives.
Secondly, this drill can be used as a pre-swing warm-up, especially on the first tee.
And thirdly, you can practice this drill at home.
Below are some Bryson DeChambeau quotes to inspire you up before starting the drill…
“There’s a bunch of different ways to play the game of golf. You don’t need to play it one way. It doesn’t need to be one swing that’s perfect out there.” – Bryson DeChambeau
“The search for information gives me more confidence because confidence arises from understanding.” – Bryson DeChambeau
“I’m a total nonconformist; for me, it’s about going down rabbit holes.” – Bryson DeChambeau
Club Head Speed Drill
Long Game Practice Drills
1 out of 10
Driver. Golf Practice Planner.
Step 1: Watch
Watch the video.
Step 2: Club Head Speed Drill
Address an imaginary ball. Raise the club above the imaginary ball at hip height. Make a backswing, and at impact touch the grass. This will keep your arc wide. Make three swings and increase the speed on each swing. After three swings, walk up to the ball and hit a drive trying to duplicate the same feeling.
Step 3: Keep Score
Hit 10 driver shots using this as a pre-shot routine. Give yourself one point each time you stick to the routine and feel your swing arc getting wider.