Lots of top pros are using this vertical jump power drill including Bubba Watson and Francesco Molinari.
“98% of golfers want more power. Yeah, I don’t understand that remaining 2%, either.” – George Watts
I added the Francesco Molinari Power Jump Drill to the Golf Practice Planner today because I just love a good power drill, and this is one of the best.
Francesco Molinari now hits the ball over 300 yards on average. Not bad for someone who is only 5 foot 8 inches tall. And it’s all down to his Vertical Jump Power Drill.
It’s a lot of fun. You’ll feel an amazing sense of freedom and your brain will be utterly devoid of swing thoughts, which is the key to great golf. The good news is that you can do this drill from the comfort of your living room on a rainy day.
In this drill you’re obviously going to learn a “power move”, but you’ll also learn how to start the downswing without thinking about it. It’ll be a little weird at first, but you’re going to love the way that this drill unlocks the natural athlete that lurks within you.
I promise that you’re going to have a lot of fun swinging like Francesco Molinari and Bubba Watson! And I think this drill will quickly become one of your favourites.
“His name is not Molinari anymore. It’s Machinari because he’s a machine.” – Sergio Garcia on Molinari, who became the first European player in history to claim 5 wins from as many matches.
Francesco Molinari Power Jump Drill
Long Game Practice Drills
4 out of 10
Golf Practice Planner.
The Francesco Molinari Power Jump drill will help you unleash swing power with zero thought of technique. You’ll learn the professional way to start the downswing without thinking about it. It’ll be a little weird at first, but you’re going to love this drill because it’s so natural. You’ll be tapping into the natural athlete within. Ready? You’re going to have a lot of fun swinging like Molinari!
Step 1: Watch
Watch the video.
Step 2: Jump Without A Club
Take your address position without a club. Jump. Notice what happens. Your knees “naturally” moved down to unleash the jump. To jump up, you had to go down first. You’re going to do the exact same thing in this drill.
Step 3: Jump With A Club
Take your address position with a club. Swing. Jump, like Francesco Molinari, as you make contact with the ball. Finish with your toes pointing at the target. It’s hard to do. Persevere. The payoff is worth it!
Step 4: Jump Feeling
Hit a ball with the “jump feeling”, but don’t jump.
Step 5: Keep Score
Do 10 Francesco Molinari power jump swings (step 3). Give yourself one point each time you perform the jump correctly, and manage to hit the ball.